Monday 5 July 2010

Terrariums

Before the end of the summer i fear my bedroom will look like Kew Gardens! Yesterday I visited Columbia Road flower market in Hackney and a good friend of mine treated me to a huge bunch of pink Lillie's and 3 Orchids...the intention was to give me something to look after and love, but it just so happens Orchids are notoriously difficult to keep alive...I give them until the end of the week! Anyways I'm starting off well, visiting the garden centre today to buy the beauties a new terracotta pot each, they will add to my collections that currently consists of a Chilli plant called Pedro.






I found these beautiful planters called Terrariums whilst looking for tips to keep my Orchids alive (apparently the only way is to live in a rain forest, hum...)Terrariums are a technique of growing controlled ecosystems. No two are ever the same, each ecosystem developing and thriving to its users desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails